A receivership for donations and grant monies for the purpose of constructing a motor neuron research, treatment, and prevention center. ALS patients will be given priority.
Short Term Goals
- To create a facility with accommodations.
- To provide comprehensive testing.
- To provide customized treatment.
- To assist patients with limited resources with travel arrangements; Angel Flight and commercial airlines.
- To recruit highly qualified staff including A.C.A.M. physicians.
- To subsidize treatment costs based on the patient’s income.
- To create an educational environment. Patients, families, and caretakers will be provided with in depth information regarding treatment protocols.
- To create a support group for families and patients in order to share information and questions.
- Emphasis will be on screening patients for liver disease: Sonogram, Elastography, Aixplorer MACH, and ammonia levels based clinical findings that 76% of the patients had confirmed liver abnormalities.
Long Term Goals
- Subsidized funding for administrative costs and staff cost [not covered by medical insurance].
- To create a model program with the goal of expanding nationwide.
- To obtain grants and donations for research, education, referrals, and treatment.
- To create out-patients testing and treatment for those with suspected motor neuron disease.
Donations towards the construction of the center may be forwarded to:
THE INSTITUTION FOR SAVINGS
93 STATE STREET
NEWBURYPORT, MA. 01950
Checks are made payable to A.L.S. NORTHEAST TRUST,  [c] 3